02 03 Maple Tree: [BLITHE] - Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Beans Review 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

[BLITHE] - Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Beans Review

34
BLITHE Vital Treatment 8 Nourishing Beans 150ml

Hanbang love!
This product is my first foray into the Hanbang world and is one of the more expensive items I own. Luckily for my wallet it was sent to me by Kerry of Skin and Tonics as part of the AB Reddit Secret Santa. It’s packed full of Hanbang ingredients such as soybean, red bean, mung bang. Basically all the Asian beans habitat in this one sleek bottle.






Brand Statement:
“The extracts of beans, black beans, carob beans, mung beans, peanuts, red beans, kidney beans that contain rich isoflavone and phosphatide necessary for collagen and skin film gives elasticity to the skin. In addition these beans contain 100% natural sugar elasticity ingredient Polysaccharide, which improves the skin tone and skin texture to thin wrinkles and lines. The white beads, derivatives of vitamin E, can be broken immediately and penetrate deep into the skin through body heat.”


Ingredients:
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract(22.844%), Ceratonia Siliqua (Carob) Fruit Extract (9.665%), Phaseolus Radiatus (Mung Bean) Seed Extract (9.665%), Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Fruit Extract(9.665%), Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract(9.665%), Phaseolus Angularis (Red Bean/Adsuki)Seed Extract(9.665%), Phaseolus Vulgaris (Kidney Bean) Seed Extract(9.665%), Butylene Glycol, PEG-32, Glycerin, Water, 1,2-Hexanediol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Polyglutamic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus LimonLemonPeel Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. Candida Bombicola/Glucose/Methyl Rapeseedate Ferment, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil

http://www.cosdna.com/eng/ingredients.php

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (22.844%) – An amazing 22% of this product is Soybean extract! Can all the Hanbang fans put their hands up! Soy contains the anti-oxidant genistein which has been shown to have a collagen stimulating effect, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Fruit Extract (9.665%) – Peanuts! Be wary of this if you have a nut allergy. For those who don’t, rejoice in the fact that peanuts have anti-inflammatory properties for the skin.

Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract (9.665%) – Lentils are known as a skin-conditioning agent, and they’re packed with anti-oxidants.


Where to Buy:
Tester Korea $37
Glow Recipe $46

Packaging:
Simple and classy frosted glass container. I do find that you have to shake the bottle in order to get enough product out.


Product & Scent:
The scent really reminds me of old Chinese medicine shops, though this wasn’t overly strong. It’s a soft serum and my skin drinks this up. You do have to lightly pat this in in order to break the Vitamin E capsules onto your skin.
The mini Vitamin E capsules


Directions of Use:
I use this after toning in my routine. I take a small amount in my hand and then gently pat onto my face using a circular motion.
 
This is enough for my whole face
Review:
 I’ve used this serum for over a month now, and I’ve found it pretty average to be honest. The ingredients list is like a who’s who of the bean world, and there are very few irritants or acne triggers in there. It hasn’t irritated my skin at all, or resulted in any acne. It’s a great moisturiser and doesn’t feel greasy, which is good for my oily skin. I do find myself reaching for it in the morning as well as the evening. Another positive of this product is that I've used it for approximately 5 weeks now every evening and occasionally some mornings and there's still plenty left in the bottle as you can see:

 But it also hasn’t done much else. It’s worth keeping in mind though that I’m fortunate enough not to suffer from any fine lines yet, and that’s what this product aims to target. You can tell this with the fact that the star ingredient is Soybean whose main skincare benefit is reducing the appearance of fine lines. I’m just the wrong demographic for this product, currently. Sadly I know in the future I’ll be perfect for this, just not yet.
For the price tag I wouldn’t be able to justify re-purchasing, I’m going to look into all in one ampoules first.

Pros:
+ Moisturising
+ Good for Oily Skin
+ Long Lasting
 
Cons:
- Expensive
- No Other Benefits

Rating:



Rating System:
1/5 = Should be taken off the market \and the product designer sent to the corner
2/5 = Does not live up to it's claims and would not buy or recommend
3/5 = Decent product, no miracle worker but a closet placeholder until a better one is found
4/5 = Now we're talking! Lives up to it's claim and would buy again
5/5 = We have a Holy Grail people. This is not a drill. Will buy till the end of time.

Final Thoughts:

Despite the negatives I’m really pleased that this was part of the amazing present I received from Kerry. I’ve really enjoyed my first foray into the Hanbang world and this is also my first serum. It’s moisturising and hasn’t caused me any problems. I’m just afflicted with that curse so many of my fellow Asian Beauty lovers have, and that’s the urge to go out and find the Holy Grail.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38