02 03 Maple Tree: [Unboxing] Birchbox – February 2016 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

[Unboxing] Birchbox – February 2016

34

Birchbox is one of the oldest and probably most well known beauty subscription boxes out there. It was founded in 2010 out in the states but have now branched out into other countries, luckily for me as shipping costs would have been exorbitant otherwise.
You fill out a beauty profile and get 5 samples every month which match the profile, so not everyone’s box will be the same!


One of the additional things Birchbox offers is points for reviewing the samples you receive. You get 5-8 points per review, and each point is worth roughly 10p. Seeing as how you get at least 5 samples each month, in two month’s you’ll have 50 points minimum to spend in their store!


Cost: £10 + £2.96 p+p, so approx. £13 a box.

Sign up via my link to get 50 Birchbox points (worth £5)


Sign Up Here


Now lets have a look at what I got in my box.




First the box itself. T­­he products are well protected in a mini bag inside the mini box. There’s also a mini booklet which has details on the products in your box as well as any competitions/news.

I love the new designs that Birchbox is coming out with, and this is such a dinky box! Here it is compared to one of my Glossyboxes.

Now onto the important part. Which five samples did I receive?


Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush Full Size –RRP £7.99
I love it when subscription boxes add life-style items to the box as it really adds variety and is usually useful. This is a beautiful brush, reminiscent of magic and mermaids. Spectrum is a cruelty free brand as well and feels super soft against the skin. This brush is designed for powder applications, such as setting powders or bronzers.



L.Erickson Grab & Go Ponytail Holder x1 – RRP £11.50 for 15, 1 = 76p
This is the second of the two “life-style” products that was in the box. Lets be honest here, it’s kind of boring to get a hair tie in a sample box. Fortunately this was a bonus item and didn’t count as part of the 5 samples. It does fit the theme of the box, and is a nice unusual colour. I do like the thickness of the holder, it ensures that even my thick hair won’t escape, and would hold during my exercise sessions. I also like the stretch, easily able to do three loops around my hair. I would have liked to have seen two thrown into the box though.


LOC One and Done Shadow Stick Full Size – RRP £8
This is Birchbox’s own make up brand and their first product that they’re releasing to the public! We got to choose between “Champagne Problems” (Silver) and “Perfect Cents” (Gold), both perfect names for the theme of the box. I chose Perfect Cents as I was in the neighbourhood of looking for a new gold shadow. This has a beautiful shimmer to it which is great for a night out. Has a creamy application and doesn’t tug at the skin. One word of warning and that’s that the glitter has a tendency to spread, so your eyes will end up very sparkly. Not that that’s always a problem.


theBalm cosmetics Frat Boy Blush/Shadow Sample – Full Size RRP £15.50
I love the packaging on this, it jumps right at you and is a fun addition to anyone’s make up bag. It does remind me of Benefit’s products, it feels like they have a similar style. This is a powder blush with a good pigementation and baby pink/peach colouring. I think this is perfect for the spring weather so will be hoarding it until the sun makes it’s reappearance.



Number 4 Lumiere d’Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect Sample – Full Size RRP £20
The fact that the box included a hair product is a plus in my eyes. I am always on the lookout for new products to try, and this one is a winner. It promises to detangle and strengthen hair. It has a light touch and doesn’t leave any residue. There’s a floral scent to it which some people might find off putting.


Delarom Crème Acquaconfort Sample – Full Size £34
This is a face cream which contains, almonds, apricot and vitamins A, C and E. A star studded list of ingredients! I am most interested in the vitamins, C promises to brighten while E is nourishing so they’re a great combo. Haven’t had time to properly patch test this yet but excited to get started.


Summary
Altogether I was satisfied with this month’s Birchbox. I love the mix of skincare, beauty products and lifestyle that I had in the box, a rarity in most sub boxes. Also I didn’t know any of these brands so I’ve been introduced to a whole new world.
I’m looking forward to future Birchboxes and hope they keep this up!


Love Sophie

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38